You can teach or you can TEACH. Invest in students; do not just teach what you are supposed to. My goal is to be a teacher that says, “I will learn about you and do what it takes, using subject matter, to make sure you are a fuller and more potent human being than you were when you first walked in this room. Please be my college in this quest.” That is how I can be a differentiated teacher and TEACH my students. I cannot assume that if I deliver the information that they will get it. I need to know what helps them to understand, be motivated, and have a desire to learn. That is not just teaching what is in your curriculum. It is still our job to follow curriculum. We need to make sure that what we choose to do with our curriculum helps students understanding, skill development, growth, and discipline. Every learner should be exposed to rich, justifiable curriculum.
We are leading students toward success now, and in their futures. We need to work towards goals of becoming successful. A tiered approach will help students to become successful. You are able to blend assessment with your instruction when tiering. I like this because I am going to have students who have anxiety with testing. This makes it less intimidating to test. Tiered learning lessons and tasks engage students beyond what is easy or comfortable in order to provide authentic challenges and encourages future learning. This will help students to step outside the box and go above and beyond with learning.
My world is brigher today...
9 years ago

1 comment:
Every child deserves a teacher who wants to be the kind of teacher you described. Every child deserves a teacher who pays the price to stay motivated this way, year after year. How can we do it? Your solid understanding of this is a great beginning. You can do this!
Post a Comment